Students share their reasons for being especially grateful this Thanksgiving

By COMM 2320 Intro to Mass Communications

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, students in COMM 2320, Intro to Mass Communications, interviewed each other about this coming holiday.   They did a “Man on the Street” style of news story as a journalism exercise during their studies on the newspaper portion of mass communications. Their question to each other was: “What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?” Here are their answers: 

Avery Hagler, sophomore public relations major 

“I am most thankful for the family and friends I have in my life.” 

Alex Ortiz, freshman film studies major 

“I’m real thankful for the college experience and fitting into and moving very easily from high school into this. And having a very good first semester and not being online. 

Catherine Kaiser, sophomore public relations major 

“This Thanksgiving I am thankful for my family and friends -I’m thankful I that I get to see them.  And I’m thankful that I get to play the sport I love, which is basketball.” 

Faith Jermstad, junior public relations major  

“I am most thankful for my family and their health; it’s been a crazy year with COVID and I’m thankful they are doing good and that things have gotten better. And I’m thankful for this school and this education and all the professors that take the time to educate us and pour into my life.”  

Aaron Sims, senior general studies major 

“I’m thankful for my family, being able to still play football for the school, and getting through the semester. I’m trying to finish up this semester strong.” 

Zoe Kelton, sophomore public relations major 

“I’m thankful that I was actually able to come to campus this year and get a normal college experience because last year was a little different. So being able to be in classes to make new friends and meet my classmates that I’ll be spending the rest of my college years with. That’s what I’m thankful for.”

Adam Toruno, freshman film studies major 

“I’m really thankful for being here at UMHB for a full semester and I’m thankful that I made it all the way to Thanksgiving so that I can go visit my family again.”

See video reports on The Bells online 

Dakota Powell, sophomore public relations major 

“I’m thankful for making new friends this semester, being on campus… I’m thankful for my family that they’re all healthy during covid and being able to see them all the time.” 

Author: Shelby Davison