Rainy day date ideas

Spring is in full swing, and with this seasoncomes rain. Rainy days can be charming, but they can make it difficult to plan dates. But don’t let the weather keep you from having a good time! Here are some great ideas to try on a rainy day.

Indoor Nerf War

Nothing is more fun than bringing out your inner child. Having an indoor Nerf war with your significant other is a fun way to stay dry on a rainy day while still having a good time. This is a date that I have participated in myself, and it was a lot of fun. I borrowed two Nerf guns from my nephew and a giant Nerf rifle from a friend. The only thing that I had to buy was more bullets, and that only cost me about five dollars. As my girlfriend was on her way over, I set one of the Nerf guns by the door with a note that said “I’m hiding inside, and I also have one, so be careful.” We spent roughly an hour and a half bringing out our inner child, and we had so much fun. This date is fun for people of all ages, from high school students all the way to married couples.

Create Artwork

This is a date that I have not yet done, but I fully intend to do it in the near future. You can get together with your significant other on a rainy day and paint with everyone’s favorite artist, Bob Ross. For those of you who don’t know, Bob Ross was an artist who was known for his TV show,“The Joy of Painting,” where he showed viewers a step-by-step way to paint beautiful scenery.This date is going to be a little more expensive because you will need canvas, paint and paint brushes. I did the math, and supplies will cost you roughly $30 dollars. Bob Ross had a very calm, soothing voice, so this could also be used as time to destress. You can find his painting tutorials onYouTube, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime Video.

Rainy Day Picnic

After reading this article, you might think, “Hey, these are supposed to be rainy day date ideas. I amnot going to have a picnicin the rain.” However, indoor picnics can be just as much fun! My girlfriend and I had plans for a picnic, but the radar said that there was an 80 percent chance of rain during the time we had planned for the picnic. I had to think on my feet, and I decided to bring the picnic inside. I set out a blanket with the picnic food, and we watched Netflix while we ate. Picnic food and Netflix? Sounds like a win-win situation.

Author: Beau Kemp