Sarah Fox elected student body president

After a long campaign for the prestigious title of Student Body President, UMHB’s Student Government Association announced on Feb. 28 that junior public relations major Sarah Fox will be the 2019-2020 Student Body President. Fox is excited and grateful for the opportunity to serve the university as Student Body President.

“I am so grateful and blessed to become the next Student Body President,” Fox said. “I am overwhelmed with emotions being chosen by the student body to represent them for the 2019-2020 school year.”

With her new title, Fox plans to address many issues and important topics on campus including focusing on helping student entrepreneurs find success during their time at UMHB.

“I want to work towards making sure every voice on this campus is being heard and represented,” Fox said. “I want to look into a space on campus for student entrepreneurs to grow their business and become a cool hangout on campus. I also want to promote diversity and educate people on the amazing people and cultures here at UMHB!”

Fox looks forward to that work and is grateful to the people who supported her during her campaign.

“I want to say thank you so much for your support, for your belief in me and for believing in the future of UMHB,” Fox said. “We are going to accomplish incredible things together!”

Senior political science pre-law and speech communication double major and retiring Student Body President Tyler Baker is excited to welcome Fox as the new Student Body President.

“I have known Sarah for three years now,” Baker said. “And I can say with confidence that she will be a great Student Body President. She has always been extremely enthusiastic about SGA and loves the organization. I look forward to seeing how her vision comes to life over the next year.”

If you have any questions about how to get involved in SGA, visit their website at go.umhb.edu/ students/student-government/home#1845. If you have a question or concern you would like the organization to address, contact them via the “Contact Us” link on their website.

Author: Bri Bullion