Are you looking for some awesome recipes that can be made right in your dorm room or apartment? Look no further. Below are five recipes to get your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving celebration started.
1. Pumpkin Pie Mug Cake
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 large egg
1. Add all ingredients to a microwave-safe mug and whisk together with a fork.
2. Microwave two – three minutes, until a toothpick or fork comes out clean.
3. Top with store-bought icing or powdered sugar and ENJOY!
Recipe revised from: mamalovesfood.com
2. Garlic Mashed Potatoes
4 – 5 potatoes (the small yellowish ones)
A big glob of butter
Powdered garlic, as much as your heart desires
A splash of milk
Potato masher (these are pretty cheap at H-E-B)
1. Rinse the potatoes.
2. Cut the potatoes into small squares. Put them in a pot and fill it with water to just cover the top (not so much that it starts spilling all over the stovetop* once it starts boiling).
3. Let the potatoes boil until you can slide a fork in them and they feel kind of mushy. Drain them in a colander (also inexpensive at H-E-B) and throw them back in the pan. Add butter. Let it melt.
4. Throw some milk in and pull out the potato masher. START SMASHING. If it’s not creamy enough, add some sour cream and keep smashing.
5. The potatoes will have gotten slightly cold at this point, so you might want to put the pan back on the stovetop* to warm them up.
*substitute stovetop for microwave if you are in a dorm room.
It may take a little longer for the water to boil, but it will ultimately result in the same yummy goodness.
Recipe revised from: yuminthetum.com
3. Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole For One
1 serving of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
4-5 frozen broccoli florets
1 tablespoon water
1. Prepare the rice in the microwave as instructed on the package.
2. In a separate bowl, add water, cheese and broccoli.
3. After rice is done cooking, heat the broccoli/cheese mixture for two minutes.
4. Remove from microwave and smash broccoli with fork.
5. Pour in the rice, mix together and serve.
Recipe revised from: thetiptoefairy.com
4. Cinnamon Apples
Apples (you choose amount)
2 tablespoons of butter (per 3 apples)
2 tablespoons of sugar for every 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1. Cube desired amount of apples.
2. Next, cube some butter and put it in the mixing bowl with the apples.
3. Microwave on high for about two minutes. Remove and stir the butter and apples.
4. Make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
5. Then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the apples. Stir well.
6. Then pop back in the microwave for about two more minutes or until the apples are soft and tender.
Recipe revised from: theboldabode.com