Sport Spotlight: Chandler Henson

THE BELLS — Chandler Henson is a senior education major from Van Alstyne, Texas where she attended Van Alstyne High School.

Henson has been a key player for the Cru earning many awards during her career. She was credited with Honorable Mention All-West Division her freshman and sophomore year.
Last season, she was named to the Second Team All-West Division.

Chandler Henson continues her senior season for The Cru. Jake Stamps/The Bells

She chose UMHB for multiple reasons.
“I loved the beautiful campus. I also came from a small high school, so I liked the small class sizes offered by the school. And it gave me an opportunity to continue my softball career,” she said.

Henson has collected many memories during her career, but her favorite came this season.
“The LeTourneau game this year…. We went twelve innings, and I finally hit the walk-off hit to win the game, one to nothing,” she said.

Henson has enjoyed every moment with her softball family.
“I’m going to miss being with the team, and when I throw people out. I’m going to miss the excitement that not only I get but all the other teammates get when that happens,” she said.

Chandler has already set her goals after she graduates. She doesn’t know where she will go but plans to get a teaching job.

Author: Jake Stamps