Sport Spotlight: Alison Bullock

Alison Bullock is a senior exercise sport science major from Rockwall, Texas, and  attended Heath High School. Bullock has been a key player for the Cru all four years and served as a team captain.

Her freshman year, she earned Honorable Mention All-ASC. Her junior year, she received Third Team All-ASC Honors. This season, Bullock earned First Team All-ASC Honors and was also named to the All-ASC Tournament team. WEB_alison-jake

Bullock helped the Cru this year to a school record of 14 wins. The Cru fell in the ASC Championship Tournament semifinals 1-0 to UT-Dallas.

Once Bullock learned about UMHB, she stuck with her plan of becoming a Crusader.

“I looked into the school, and I came here, and I thought it was a really nice campus. I liked a lot of the girls that played on the (soccer) team, and it just drew me in,” she said.

Bullock has enjoyed the relationships she has made playing soccer.

“I really just like the friendships you make … Especially here, UMHB, it was like a huge family,” she said.

Her favorite soccer experience happened this fall.

“The conference tournament this year was my favorite memory. We hadn’t made it until this year and it was just a great way to end my senior year,” she said.

Bullock’s sister, Taylor is also a part of the team. Taylor played for the the Cru and now serves as an assistant coach. Both sisters have enjoyed success with the Cru program.

Alison said, “It’s nice to have her there all the time. She’s always been involved with soccer just as much as I have. It was fun being able to spend that time with her.”

Author: Jake Stamps