SBP Harris says goodbye

By Kassidy Harris

When I decided to transfer to UMHB four short years ago, I never thought I would be blessed with such an incredible adventure.

The memories, friendships and experiences will be cherished for a lifetime. I am completely humbled and honored that I was chosen to serve as the student body president these past two years.

For those who recall, my platform was leading to serve, serving to love. I can honestly say that I have learned so much about leadership, service and loving others during my term as SBP.

The road has been extremely difficult at times, and there have been stressful moments, but when I think of the opportunity I had to serve the student body, those times fade away and the joyful, exciting times shine through.

I sincerely hope that the student body is pleased with the work I have done as student body president and knows that I have prayed for this university, the students and faculty, on a daily basis.

A quick note to the underclassmen—please, I’m begging you, realize that these collegiate years are going to fly by. Take time to stop and take in your surroundings. The community on campus is unlike any other, so take advantage of it while you can.

And lastly, you still have time. You still have time to get plugged into that organization you have always wanted to join. You still have time to invest in the lives of people you don’t even know. You still have time to join a Bible study on campus. You still  have time.

To the student body—Thank you all so much, more than words can express, for allowing me to be your president. You have no idea the impact you have had on my life.

Thank you to my friends for constantly lifting me up in encouragement and support. Because of you all, I will look back at my time at UMHB with a smile.

Thank you to the students I never had the opportunity to meet for lifting me up in prayer and trusting me to lead.

It was a fantastic experience, one I am extremely proud of. I can honestly call this university home and, as a result, you are family.

Congratulations, class of 2013. I pray that we let our light shine for Jesus in the real world, remembering where we came from, and let’s embark on another adventure  of giving God complete honor and glory.