Student body president welcomes incoming freshmen to campus

I want to personally welcome each of you, the class of 2016, to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. I am very excited to spend this coming year with each of you.

Know that you have been prayed for, and you are still being prayed for as you begin your journey in this new chapter in your life.

As your student body president, one of my goals is to see relationships formed on campus as we model the body of Christ. My prayer is that you will find friendships that you will obtain for a lifetime, and that you will have experiences that will last for a lifetime.

I couldn’t agree more with the university’s motto, “Education for life…Experience of a lifetime!” I hope to see this become part of your college career.

When I think over my time here at UMHB, being involved has been one of the most important aspects of my experience. Having attended a different university before coming to UMHB and not being involved there, I can truly say that this is the key to a successful next four years.

Just as there are many parts to the body of Christ, there are many different ministries and organizations that make up this university and allow you to grow in your spiritual life.

It is important to our campus that you are personally involved in one of these opportunities. It takes each of us to truly make this place a Crusader home.

Another key to your first successful year is getting plugged into a church. Though it can be a scary moment, it is crucial to surround yourself with fellowship and believers in Christ.

I pray that each of you will find a church home and plug yourself into that ministry.

This year, let’s stand tall, be proud, hold up our C’s with dignity and form unity on this campus.

From football players to baseball players to band members to First Year Council, let’s make this the best year this university has ever seen. Let’s truly live out Isaiah 6:8, as we say “Here am I, Lord. Send me.”

This is your year, class of 2016, and I couldn’t be more excited to serve alongside each of you. Good luck as you embark on this new chapter. I am so glad that you have chosen UMHB to be a part of that. Now let’s go get ‘em Cru!

Kassidy Harris

Student Body President