Classic winter trend to keep warm: fashionable boots

On Feb. 2 Mr. Groundhog didn’t see his shadow. Therefore, only a few more weeks of winter are left.

So, gear up with the one fashion trend that is sure to stick around for the rest of the season — a good pair of chic boots.

There are many different brands and styles that many women own, and are still searching for that perfect pair.

Over the knee, ankle booties, fold down, flat bottom, heel, cowboy and faux fur boots are only a few choices from a long list of styles.

Paired with leggings, jeggings, jeans or dresses, there are many styles to choose from.

One popular choice seen around campus is the infamous Ugg boots.

These are most comfortable when walking to class, and keep toes warm in the cold weather

Senior computer graphic design major Kyla Williams enjoys seeing the different styles around campus.

“Boots are a classic winter look year after year. They’re functional and cute,” she said.

About the styles she enjoys, Williams said, “I like simple, clean lines without a lot of extra decoration and the higher the better. … I love over-the-knee boots.”

Williams owns a pair of square-toed black leather boots, but after seeing the recent trends, she would like to own a pair of the popular brown suede style.

(Photo by Andra Holbrooks)

For junior visual communication art major Lauren Cross, one particular pair of boots has a sentimental meaning.

She said “I do” to her husband in December 2010, while wearing her white gown with cowboy boots.

“I’ve been wearing boots since I was a kid,” she said. “And when I found out it was going to be raining on my wedding day, I was so glad I brought my boots for back up …. so I threw on those bad boys and got hitched.”

Junior nursing major Jacquie Case isn’t fond of some fashion choices women make.

“I must say I don’t like the look of boots with shorts, like some women wear.”

Case prefers to wear her brown leather heel boots with tights and sweater dresses.

She said, “They can be dressed up or down, and this is perfect weather for boots.”

Author: Andra Holbrooks

Andra is a senior Mass Communication/Journalism major from Aledo, TX. She is the Features Page Editor for The Bells. Andra loves spending time with her family, roommates and friends. Although her time at UMHB will soon come to an end, she will always hold the Crusader family dearly in her heart. Her adventure of becoming Features Editor for The Bells began in 2008. Being a writer was not a profession she ever imagined pursuing, but she is thankful for the opportunity God has given her to do so. She enjoys page designing and writing feature stories. After graduation in May, she hopes to use her degree by working for a magazine or reporting for a news station.