Blog: Why Halloween is Fabulous

I love the month of October is wonderful.  Reasons  all pertain to Halloween.  Halloween is a month long celebration. Once I walk into Wal-Mart and see the trick-or-treat section set-up, I’m ready to celebrate. The popcorn balls, caramel apples and pumpkins bring an overwhelming excitement. I then begin to search the Internet and the local Halloween costume stores for the perfect costume. However, for the past three years, I have gone as Goldie Locks. Still, I enjoy rummaging through the colorful outfits, sequined tops and humorous masks. Maybe I will find an outfit worth spending my hard earned money on; not that I think a Goldie Locks costume was worth spending money on but I needed one for a party and it was decently priced. Another favorite Halloween tradition of mine is watching, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. The childhood classic airs on ABC every year the Tuesday before Halloween. Linus is so cute, sitting in the pumpkin patch just waiting for the Great Pumpkin to arrive. While watching the movie, I like to drink apple cider and roast pumpkin seeds. Which, I usually have after gutting my pumpkin for carving. I carve the same classic pumpkin face every year; it will never get old to me.

Author: Mary Beth Kelton

I am a senior at UMHB and loving it! I am the features editor for The Bells and I also intern at the Temple Chamber of Commerce. I transferred to UMHB fall 2008 and God has done so many amazing things with my life. I am excited to graduate in May but more excited about the next two semesters and the memories that I will gain. I plan to continue my education by obtaining a masters degree in sociology after graduation unless I am somehow blessed with a job.