Greetings from the university president

Article by Dr. Randy O’Rear

Welcome back to campus! (Or if you are new to UMHB, welcome to campus!) I hope that each of you had a great summer.

I have had a chance to visit with many of your professors and members of the campus staff as they have been preparing for your return.

I know that they are as excited as I am about welcoming you back to our learning community.

Compared to the buzz of activity in the fall and spring, it was quiet here this summer (and very hot). But we took advantage of the down time to carry out several projects.

Dr. Randy O’Rear President

President Dr. Randy O’Rear

In addition to the usual paint and repairs in the dormitories, we added new sand to the volleyball courts, created a new pizza/pasta station and an international foods station in the dining hall and remodeled the Crusader Café on the first floor of the Mabee Student Center.

We hope you will enjoy these efforts to make your life on campus just a little bit better.

As we start the new semester, I would like to encourage
each of you to get involved this fall in the many activities available to you on our campus.

Resolve to try something new—go yell with the Couch Cru at a football game, take in a musical production, attend a lecture on a topic outside your usual field of interest.

There is no better time than now to expand your horizons and no better place to do it than the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor.

I feel certain that this is going to be a great year at UMHB, and I’m glad that each of you is here to share it with us. Welcome home!

Author: admin